Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To Make Our Dream Come True

I've been a little overwhelmed by trying to integrate Haiti into my life. The motivation to do so, though, is very clear. It took a few days for the tent and items we sent with Kristina to make it to Haiti, and another day or so to make it Vlad and Merline. Just about that time, I was starting to doubt whether my impulse to focus on these two was a good idea. Then I received these emails:


Dear Cathi,

We appreciate your effort to make our dream become true. Week ago, Merline and I were talking about how to have a bed and a tent like the one that you just send for us, now we have them.

Thank you so much and Thanks to your pastor for your wonderful support you are giving us.

May God keep Blessing you your family, your pastor and others.

THANKS AGAIN! Have a good week.

With Love & Peace,
Vlad
Haiti


2010/2/21 Merline Milien

Hello Cathi, i can't stop praising God for his deed. I knew he was great and noone is like him but i feel ashamed to see how great and powerfull he can act. I can tell you frankly every single thing you sent is was directed by God, he knew my heart and saw our needs. I was willing to ask for one of this but I felt to shy to ask, but even this morning I didn't know if I will see exactly what I wanted. All I can say is Thanks so much.

I met Kristina tonight and she was telling me the story how she get to pass the customs without too much trouble and I was so happy and overwhelmed by how God can have control of things. I don't know the words to ask you to pass my gratefullness and thanks to your Church and your Pastor,

God will give all back to you.

Thanks again for your support and effort. I was scared to ask anything. When i see how God can arrange to give you what you need and he is the one, the provider. I love him.

Take care and I am glad for you because you let God used you in the way he wants.

God Bless you all, and my friend cathi, stay under his blessing.

Your new friend and her fiance Vlad


How can you even respond to something like that?

A few days ago, they sent me an email with a picture of them and the tent.


I've never lived outside. I've never even had a purse stolen or a bag lost on an airline. Where do you start when you've lost everything?

It took another three emails to get them to send me a list of what else they need, but they finally did. And it includes such simple things, like tennis shoes and scrubs, toiletries and watches.

So now that's my next mission. Collecting what I can and sending them down another package. One set of needs at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment